The 1980 Masters Club was formed on the 6th July 1980, at the suggestion of W.Bro. John Marsh, Past Master, of Unity Lodge No.1332. At the inaugural meeting, 10 Past Masters attended, since then 33 Past Masters have been members of the club.
We had a number of fraternal visits during each the year, an AGM, a Ladies Evening, and a Spring Holiday. Together with a number of ‘Friends’, we have travelled widely across Europe and the United Kingdom.
The club has been very active over the years, and considerable funds have been passed to various Masonic and local charities.
At our last AGM, held on 4th August this year attended by the last 6 members, it was agreed that the formalities of the club, should cease, and the Bank Account be closed. Funds amounted to £202.57 and It was suggested that this be donated to the Masonic Charity Foundation, which will be launched in January 2018.
We intend continuing with our Ladies Night, our Spring Holiday, and Summer and Autumn lunches.
W.Bro. Ian Hopkins PPrJGW.
Secretary 1980 Masters Club